Did you know orthodontics can help to:
- Shape your upper and lower jaws
- Improve your facial profile
- Increase the fullness of your lips
- Enhance the shape and size of your smile
- Eliminate habits such as finger and thumb sucking
- Improve bite and its function
- Correct jaw irregularities
- Rectify breathing problems
- Improve speech difficulties
- And of course straighten your teeth
Your teeth can last a lifetime if they are properly aligned and well cared for. An attractive smile is a prominent “side effect” of orthodontic treatment. A beautiful smile is a wonderful asset. It contributes to self-esteem, self-confidence and self-image - important qualities at every age. However, orthodontics also plays an important role in the function and health of your teeth and mouth.
If left untreated, orthodontic problems may worsen over time. They may lead to tooth decay, gum disease, destruction of the bone that holds teeth in place as well as chewing and digestive difficulties. Orthodontic problems can cause abnormal wear of tooth surfaces, inefficient chewing function, excessive stress on gum tissue and the bone that supports the teeth - sometimes leading to chronic headaches or pain in the face or neck.
If you have any questions regarding orthodontic treatment, please click here to contact us today.
« Return to For Patients